21 Day Fix Pita Pizza


I love Beachbody programs - I have used them off and on for years now with great results (when I stick to them). I have needed to get re-focused on my exercise and eating habits for awhile now and finally the timing was right. I met some amazing women who happen to be huge proponents of Beachbody and are coaches. Jenn in particular has had amazing success over the past 2 years with significant weight loss the first year and a full year of maintenance. She is enthusiastic, and motivational, to say the least! If you have any curiosity whatsoever about Beachbody I would strongly encourage you to follow this link and create a completely free account. Jenn is a great coach and I love her to death. She has great support and advice to offer for anyone looking for it!


Jenn has a great online support group and about 18 of us decided to do a 21 Day Fix Challenge! I'm almost 1 week in and seriously loving it. It takes some pre-planning and forethought, but it's so doable and practical and I am really enjoying it. The premise is containers. Color coded containers. Each color is for a specific list of foods (see a list here), and each container is a specific size (for example green is vegetables, and is 1 cup in size). You determine how many of each container you get per day based on your current weight and activity level. I am choosing to eat at the 1200-1499 calorie level. Then you mix and match your food containers, preferably incorporating Shakeology into your daily diet, and go from there! It's easy to start with single ingredient items until you get a little more comfortable. I will be starting to document some of my favorite meals and my meal plans here as I go along as I have found these types of online resources to be super helpful as I've been figuring all of this out!



21 Day Fix Pita Pizza
(Makes 1 Serving)

Ingredients
4-oz uncooked ground turkey
1/2 tsp Gourmet Garden Basil Paste
1/2 tsp Gourmet Garden Parsley Paste
1/2 tsp Gourmet Garden Oregano Paste
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt (or garlic salt) and pepper to taste
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup diced onion
1/4 cup diced bell pepper
1/2 cup diced mushroom
1/4 cup marinara sauce
1 whole wheat 4-inch pita bread, carefully separated into 2 circles
1/3 cup mixed Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. In large nonstick skillet, combine the ground turkey with the diced onion, bell pepper, and sliced mushrooms. Cook about 15 minutes, or until turkey is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Allow most of the liquid to simmer off. Season with the Gourmet Garden pastes, garlic powder, salt, and pepper (adjust seasonings if needed).
  3. Lay out the 2 pita bread circles on a baking sheet. Smooth 2 TBS marina sauce on each pita bread half, then distribute the meat and veggie mixture between the two. Distribute the cheese between the two pizzas.
  4. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted and starting to brown. 


Note: The pitas are very thin, so this is easiest to eat with a knife and fork, or cut into small wedges first.

Container Equivalents = 1 Red, 1 Green, 1/4 Purple, 1 Yellow, 1 Blue



Comments

Popular Posts