Swanson's Ramen Chicken Noodle Soup


As part of the August Swanson campaign for the AllRecipes Allstars, I was sent 2 cartons of Swanson's delicious broth to use in any of their delicious recipes on AllRecipes and saved a LOT of them to try in the near future. I chose to make two of them right away - this yummy chicken noodle soup, and this mashed potato recipe which I'll be sharing soon.

I didn't have precooked chicken, so I chopped up a large chicken breast half and threw it in at the beginning of the recipe so it could simmer in the broth mixture and soak up all that delicious flavor.


This soup was perfect. Easy to throw together and consisting of pantry staple ingredients for the most part. I had a bag of mixed diced bell peppers in the freezer, so I tossed a handful of those in, in place of the called for red bell pepper. The broth is simple and delicious, with hints of the garlic and soy sauce. I used a reduced sodium Swanson broth, so added in a small sprinkling of the chicken flavored packet that came out of the ramen noodles I used for a touch more flavor. Taste test at the end and adjust as necessary for your family's preferences!

I found mine needed to simmer a little more than the amount of time called for to get the celery and carrot to the tenderness I was looking for. You may want to add more broth at the end as well, depending on how much simmers off during cooking, and how much the noodles absorb (and how "soupy" you want it)!

My baby girl loved this recipe - the noodles and the broth the very most though she did eat a few pieces of the veggies and chicken too. She slurped up probably half a cup of the broth and kept asking for more soup. I think this one is definitely a keeper!

Baby taste tester, extraordinaire!

Ramen Chicken Noodle Soup from Swanson on AllRecipes

Ingredients
3 1/2 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Natural Goodness® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Certified Organic Chicken Broth
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 dash black pepper
1 medium carrot, sliced diagonally
1 stalk celery, sliced diagonally
1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch-long strips
2 green onions, sliced diagonally
1 clove garlic, minced
4 ounces broken-up uncooked ramen noodles
1 cup cooked, shredded boneless, skinless chicken breast meat
Optional: add a small amount of chicken or oriental flavoring packets from the ramen noodles

Directions

  1. Heat the broth, soy sauce, ginger, black pepper, carrot, celery, red pepper, green onions and garlic in a 2-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil (if using raw chicken, add it at this stage).
  2. Stir the noodles and chicken in the saucepan. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes or until the noodles are done and vegetables reach desired texture / tenderness.




Comments

  1. Insanely comprehensive :)

    Thank you so much,
    Now I have something to read during the holidays. This will take a while but well worth it like always
    You can read another one here petreviewz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts