Easy Key Lime Pie!

Key Lime Pie is one of my hubby's FAVORITE desserts - something I'd never been introduced to until we moved to Georgia. It is creamy, tart and decadent. The times we've had it at a restaurant or store bought for a get together it seemed like something a little more challenging than I'd want to tackle so I never even looked a recipe up for it. Then an e-mail from allrecipes.com showed up in my inbox with an "Easy Key Lime Pie" recipe and I was intrigued! I clicked and followed the link and was shocked to see the recipe pretty much consisted of only THREE ingredients (all of which I had in the house already) and a pre-made graham cracker crust. Kenneth insisted I make this one as soon as possible, so we picked up a graham cracker crust and I read through the comments and used the version that was recommended over and over again.

The version I made used 4 egg yolks, 2 14-oz cans sweetened condensed milk (low fat), 1 cup "lime juice" (half fresh lime juice, half bottled lemon juice) and 1 9-inch prepared graham cracker crust, though I wish I'd gotten the next size up - the pie was REALLY full and I had a little leftover filling.

I baked for 25 minutes and we allowed it to rest overnight in the refrigerator. It was absolutely delicious! I think it might be the best pie I've ever made which is crazy since I'm not even that big of a fan of key lime pie. The texture and taste are really fabulous!




Easy Key Lime Pie I adapted from DINNER2 on All Recipes.com

Ingredients
4 egg yolks, beaten
2 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (low fat is ok)
1 cup lime juice (or half lime / half lemon)
1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  2. Combine the egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and lime juice. Mix well. Pour into unbaked graham cracker shell.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Allow to cool. Top with whipped topping and garnish with lime slices if desired.

Comments

Popular Posts