Chuck's Favorite Mac and Cheese

It's a triumphant return to the kitchen!! :D Well, kind of - I actually made this probably a month ago and had it pending to post but hadn't gotten around to it. Thanks to the two baby beans I'm now working on "baking" 24/7 my energy level for kitchen cooking has not been as high. I have missed it though and Kent and I made a quick and easy dish together last night that was so yummy and it felt good to have something comforting and homemade - hopefully I will get back in the swing of things and enjoy being in the kitchen on a regular basis again now! :)

This mac and cheese dish was great! It was very creamy, and easy to throw together and Kent gobbled it up and essentially requested this be the "end all be all" mac and cheese recipe from here on out. In other words, he gave it the thumbs up. :)

Started with parmesan cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese, macaroni noodles, salt, pepper, bread crumbs, butter and shredded white cheddar cheese.
Into the boiling water went the macaroni noodles!

Next all forms of "cheese" got mixed together in the casserole dish.
Followed by some salt and pepper to taste.
The cooked noodles were added into the other ingredients.
That was mixed together and the breadcrumb topping was prepared next.
Added in breadcrumbs to melted butter and combined.

Those were sprinkled evenly over the noodle mixture.
Ready to hit the oven!
Baked up, golden brown and delicious!

Doesn't that look TASTY?! Perfect addition to ribs and corn for a classic and comforting dinner.

NOTE: I left the original recipe untouched below, as that is how I made the recipe above (although I did halve the original recipe); however I would make a note of the fact that this makes a HUGE amount of breadcrumb topping and next time I will cut that part in half, but otherwise I'll follow the ingredients! :)
Chuck's Favorite Mac and Cheese By: MRSO on AllRecipes.com


Ingredients
  • 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni
  • 1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
  • 1 (12 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
  • 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, add pasta, and cook until done; drain.
  2. In 9x13 inch baking dish, stir together macaroni, shredded Cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, mix together bread crumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle topping over macaroni mixture.
  3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until top is golden.

Comments

  1. I am super excited to try this recipe! It looks so good! And thank you.. for being so sweet on SMO.
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts