Beautiful Breakfast Sandwiches!

I love making breakfast sandwiches! Quick to go for work mornings and also fun to make and enjoy for leisurely weekend breakfasts. I'm sure everyone has their own variation of this. I don't typically use a recipe but found one and then just tweaked it to use what I had!

Started with 2 ciabatta rolls, white cheddar cheese, 2 eggs, bacon and cream cheese.
Sliced the cheese and the rolls. The original recipe calls for an open faced sandwich, using one roll/muffin for 2 sandwiches but I used a whole roll per sandwich.
Brought a pan with water to a full boil
Cracked the eggs into a ramekin, one at a time.
Put the egg right next to the edge of the pan and gently slipped it into the water.

Looking good! (I have never made eggs like this before, so it was a learning adventure!)
All cooked up and ready to be added to the sandwich! (Cooked about 3-4 minutes total)
Toasted the roll and added a little cream cheese to each side.
Cooked the bacon to my preferred crunchy/chewiness level! :)
Then assembled! Cheese, bacon and egg.
 Topped off with the other half of the roll. These were delicious and very filling! The eggs cooked perfectly, tender and the yolks were still soft and moist but no longer runny. I really enjoyed this sandwich and my son ate his plus half of mine so I think he gave his thumbs up too! :)

Modified from Bacon-Egg English Muffin By: Terry Kuehn on AllRecipes.com

Serves: 2
Ingredients

2 eggs
1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
1 English muffin (or bagel, ciabatta roll, etc.), split and toasted (you can make these open faced and use 1 for 2 sandwiches, or use 2 full rolls/muffins if you prefer to top your sandwich off)
2 slices cheese (use your favorite, I used white cheddar)
4 slices bacon (or 2 slices Canadian bacon)

Directions
In a skillet or saucepan with high sides, bring 2-3 inches of water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer gently. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer. Holding the dish close to the surface of the water, slip eggs, one at a time, into the water. Cook, uncovered, at a simmer until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken, about 3 minutes.

Meanwhile, spread cream cheese over toasted bread halves and top with cheese slices. In a small skillet (or in the microwave) cook bacon until heated through; place over cheese. Using a slotted spoon, place eggs over bacon.

Comments

  1. Breakfast sandwhiches are hands down my favorite easy and filling breakfast. I usually order it when we are out too. It's the best!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts