Meal Plan week of April 25th

I am on a mission to try to cook mainly with what we have in the cupboard and freezer - my downstairs deep freezer is pretty full and I know I need to try to use some of the stuff in there up! Unfortunately, quite a few of the things in there are not things I can cook at dinner for my hubby and son - I bought a ton of faux meat products when our nearby Kroger closed down and marked everything half off. Kenneth won't eat any of the fake meat products, so I have to incorporate those into my lunches and plan to use them on the days he's not eating dinner with us. But until I can make my own dent in those items, I am going to try to make an effort to start using up some of the "everyone will eat these" type items - like a giant bag of frozen corn, a giant bag of frozen strawberries (strawberry pie, anyone?), a turkey breast that's been in there for *ahem* awhile, some crablegs I bought, a big bag of flounder, some shrimp, etc. We'll see what else I unearth as we go!

Monday
Dinner: Pioneer Woman's Best Lasagna Ever, Caesar salad

Tuesday
Dinner: Mexican Mac N Cheese Cups from How Sweet It Is with garden salad

Wednesday
Dinner: Cheesy Beef Tostadas from Kraft

Thursday
Dinner: Leftovers or Crispy Oven Fried Fish Sandwiches with chips and fresh fruit

Friday
Dinner: Grilled Steaks with "Best Steak Marinade in Existence", baked potatoes and glazed honey carrots

Saturday
Breakfast: Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes from Baking Junkie, fresh fruit salad
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Sweet and Sour Pork from Cooking with Cristine with mixed steamed vegetables and brown rice

Sunday
Breakfast: Biscuits and Gravy
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Pioneer Woman's Turkey Pot Pie, garden salad

Dessert: Banana Pudding (hubby suggested using up the last of the ladyfingers in a banana pudding, so once the tiramisu's gone we're going to try that out this week!)

Comments

  1. I made Martha Stewart's strawberry cupcakes on Friday with some frozen berries I've had in my freezer for ages and they turned out FAB. I topped mine with lightly sweetened whipped cream, instead of the buttercream. The recipe makes 2 dozen, so plan to take most of them to work to share with your colleagues! :) Here's the recipe: http://www.marthastewart.com/338183/strawberry-cupcakes-with-strawberry-butt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beka! That is a great idea and would definitely go over well at the office too! :D Maybe a fun weekend project with Kent... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts