Your pregnancy: 27 weeks

How your baby's growing:


This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with her legs extended. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While her lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if she were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.
Here we are! 27 weeks prego and 91 days to go to hit 40 weeks! Holy moly! Time is flying! I had a midwife appointment check up today. Weight gain is steady - I'm at about 19lbs at this point, blood pressure was good (I think 100/60) and my belly is measuring "right on track". Miss "S's" heart beat was nice and strong and steady. My midwife had to chase her around a little to find it!
 
My IM came and she brought me a huge big bag of DELICIOUS fresh fruits! That was SO sweet and is super appreciated - I have been going through a ton of fruit and we will all enjoy it! There is watermelon, mangos, strawberries, grapes and a pineapple! Yummmy!!
 
When we first went back to the room to wait for the midwife, I tried to see if Miss S would move around so "L" could feel, but she wasn't being too active at the moment. Guess she was having her afternoon nap! Our next appointment is in 3 weeks, and we made it on a Wednesday afternoon so "L" can bring her daughter! "A" will get to hear her baby sister's heartbeat and hopefully see her move around a little! We'll be 30 weeks then!! WOO HOOO!!
 
Everything is really going great! I can only complain of a little bit of back pain that comes and goes, occassional ankle/foot swelling and heartburn that flares up every now and then. Overall, this pregnancy is truly going GREAT and I feel GREAT!! I am thrilled and SO blessed with how well everything has been going and am SO excited to be 10 weeks out from being full term and really counting down to this sweet girl meeting her parents! I can't wait! :)

Comments

  1. You look great! I'm loving the new look of your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just starting my 2nd TS and am very excited. I am starting a blog to document the journey. I am looking for other blogs to link to. Could i link to your blog?

    I plan to read all about your journey! You are looking great!

    This is my new blog: http://asurrogacystory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your baby belly looks wonderful! You are doing such a good job and it's getting so close....so exciting. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts