Your pregnancy: 9 weeks and our Ultrasound!

How your baby's growing:
Your new resident is nearly an inch long — about the size of a grape — and weighs just a fraction of an ounce. She's starting to look more and more human. Her essential body parts are accounted for, though they'll go through plenty of fine-tuning in the coming months. Other changes abound: Your baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form — as do her tiny teeth. The embryonic "tail" is completely gone. Your baby's organs, muscles, and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there but won't be distinguishable as male or female for another few weeks. Her eyes are fully formed, but her eyelids are fused shut and won't open until 27 weeks. She has tiny earlobes, and her mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. The placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones. Now that your baby's basic physiology is in place, she's poised for rapid weight gain.

I was so amped up for today's appointment! I dreamt about our ultrasound all last night, and they were all GOOD and positive dreams, but it hasn't taken off the edge of nervousness I've had! I was so ready to see baby looking good and healthy and for L&N to get to see him/her too.

9:00 finally rolled around and I met my IPs at the clinic, and they took us back and we got situated and as soon as the u/s tech put the wand in she said "there's the pretty baby"! and I breathed a HUGE sigh of relief!! Baby looked awesome, looked like s/he was taking a nap, lying on their back and waving their little arm buds at us every now and then. We got to see the umbilical cord and see and hear that beautiful heart beating. Still didn't get a measurement, but it sounded nice and strong!

The RE saw us afterwards and is JUST thrilled and says things look really great and he's very happy with everything and thinks our chance of miscarriage is VERY low. He's really thrilled for my IPs!

We are officially released to my OB and I am calling now to set up my first confirmation appointment, and we have one more ultrasound scheduled with RBA for 2 weeks from now - so at 11 weeks on April 29th. Yay! :)

SO glad everything looks so good and can't wait 'til I can pick this little one up on doppler for a little extra reassurance and then to finally feel them moving!! That will be AWESOME!!! :)

Comments

  1. hey there. just a cyber stalker. came across your blog after probably googling transfer dates, beta numbers, who knows! we are about the same pregnancy wise - i'm 8w5days - with twins. but just read you had RBA in your last entry. are you in atl? i just graduated too. hit me at teamsoup@aol.com. i promise i'm not a weirdo. i've continue to follow probably 5 or 6 girls that were going through the same thing as me at the time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts