Your pregnancy: 6 weeks

How your baby's growing:
This week's major developments: The nose, mouth, and ears that you'll spend so much time kissing in eight months are beginning to take shape. If you could see into your uterus, you'd find an oversize head and dark spots where your baby's eyes and nostrils are starting to form. His emerging ears are marked by small depressions on the sides of the head, and his arms and legs by protruding buds. His heart is beating about 100 to 160 times a minute — almost twice as fast as yours — and blood is beginning to course through his body. His intestines are developing, and the bud of tissue that will give rise to his lungs has appeared. His pituitary gland is forming, as are the rest of his brain, muscles, and bones. Right now, your baby is a quarter of an inch long, about the size of a lentil bean.

Yay for little nose, mouth and ears developing this week! :) I can't WAIT for our ultrasound next Thursday - one more week and we get to see how this little one is doing! I'm so excited!!

Feeling ok, getting used to feeling tired and nauseated or bloated all the time. My stomach is constantly in one state or another of unhappiness. I'm bloated and gassy or nauseated most of the time lately. Carbs seem to be the only thing that sound good most mornings. My chest is tender this morning and the "shower sickies" are definitely setting back in. I get really nauseated in the mornings in the shower for some reason. It got really bad with Fiona where I'd have to sit down just to get through the shower most of the time, it drains my energy and makes me feel so queasy. Very odd!! I am having a hard time finding a comfortable sleeping temperature too - I don't know if my temp is fluctuating throughout the night or what, but I was hot then cold then hot again last night and tossed and turned quite a bit.

I'm glad its Thursday but will be even happier when its Friday evening and I get to look forward to SLEEPING in on Saturday! Woo hoo! :) I shouldn't really complain - I've had a low key week with Tuesday off and then having to go to work late yesterday because Kenneth drove off with my car keys and I had to wait 'til 10:00 to leave the house so I napped a little while I was waiting.

Hoping for a low key weekend, we talked about camping and having friends over but I think we're probably going to avoid making any real plans and try to just take it easy. I'm hoping to get good enough weather for a walk at the Silver Comet Trail again and maybe a picnic lunch and maybe a movie sometime this weekend.

We got Australia from Netflix yesterday and started watching it last night, it's a LONG movie - I think we still have about an hour left on it! It was really pretty out last night so I spent some time outside watching the moon and the stars. It's so beautiful out where we are. I love how quiet it is at night.

Comments

  1. I love reading about how baby is growing every week! It's hard to believe there's a little person (or two!) in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fascinating. I hope Steve and I get to that point!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts