Mom's Obituary

I wanted to have this saved somewhere that I'd be able to look back on it and the wonderful comments left by family and friends - so I'm copying it all here.

------------------------------------------------------

Patricia Gail Watson, born in Seattle, WA, November 6, 1952, was unexpectedly taken November 20, 2009.

She was preceded in death by her brother, Billy Samples. Patricia is survived by her husband of nine years, Lash; children, Jacob Shannon, Rebekah Hills and Ruth Shannon; parents, John and Sharon Samples; sisters, Bobbi Samples and Nancy Chase; and grandchildren, Kent and Sofia.

The lives of all the people she touched were "As the stars of Heaven in number." Her compassionate heart and faith called her to work in the Mission Field alongside husband Ed Keiley (married 78-99) and their growing family. Their path led them to Kodiak Baptist Mission (AK), Promised Land Shelter (Mountlake Terrace, WA), House of His Creation (PA), Bailie Memorial Youth Ranch (Mesa, WA) and Dakar Academy (Senegal, West Africa). A mesmerizing serenade of Amazing Grace sung over the setting sun of the Grand Canyon was just one way she turned their many cross-country moves into unforgettable family vacations. Her passion for music was beautifully expressed through song and piano, filling her home and children with warmth and joy. She found a home within the Pilchuck Glass School (Stanwood, WA) family where she worked as the registrar, enriching the lives of numerous artists from around the world since 2004.
A private family service will be held at 11 a.m., November 30, at Evergreen Cemetery in Everett. A memorial service for family and friends will be held at 1 p.m., December 5, 2009, at Damascus Road Church in Marysville, WA.

In lieu of flowers, donations can be sent to Pilchuck in honor of Patricia Watson.

"Thank you for doing this, Helen."

------------------------------------------------------
December 20, 2009
I was heartbrooken when I heard the news about Tricia. She was one of the great reasons that I always came back to Pilchuck. She always made me feel so welcome and always helped me out planning my trips and everything else that I needed help with. I'll miss her so much. My thoughts goes out to the family.
~ Fredrik Nielsen, Stockholm, Sweden

December 10, 2009
The right words have yet to come to me, I guess these will have to do. It is impossable that I will never get to debate my mother ever again, I still don't believe it. I suppose in a way it is true that she is dead, but I know that in many ways she has never been more alive. We can only do what we are able to do, until we meet again, in this life or the next one.

I wish you nothing but the best, yes there were lots of good times mom.
~ jacob shannon, Bothell, Washington

December 07, 2009
wow! She was such a great person and made you feel so welcome on Campus. My prayers are with the family and friends around her. I am sorry for your loss
~ Joe Patane, Dillon, Colorado

December 05, 2009
My thoughts and prayers are with my Aunt Sharon and Uncle John, cousins Bobbi, and Nancy, and Lash and their families. A few years ago Lash and Patricia came to visit me in Eugene, and we had such a wonderful visit. It had been at least 20 years since I saw Patricia and I feel blessed to have the memory of that time we shared. We laughed so hard recalling memories! When we were kids, we spent so many wonderful family holidays together, so many laughs and wonderful memories. Rest in Peace Patricia, and say Hi to Billy for us!! We miss you both! with Love
~ Marilyn Moblo, Euguene, Oregon

December 04, 2009
I am so sorry. I pray you find strength in God's love.
~ Bonny McMahon, Edmonds, Washington

December 04, 2009
Lash, Ruth, and Kent -- Fritz and I are stunned. This loss saddens us and shakes us to our very cores: No one possessed her joy, her caring, and her unrivaled ability to laugh in a way that infected others with her warmth and feeling. What a gift! Our deepest sympathies for your loss.
~ Erin Moore, Seattle, Washington

December 04, 2009
Tricia Watson was one of the warmest people I ever met. The first time I arrived from the UK at a slightly intimidating Pilchuck she greeted me like a member of her family and made me feel at home. We exchanged occasional emails over the following years and each email left me feeling warm, loved and special, and when I returned to Pilchuck a couple of years later her face lit up when she saw me and I received one of the best hugs of my life. My story isn't unique, and I was not singled out by her, this is how she was with everyone who crossed her path. On hearing the news this morning, my husband, who had never met her, was as upset as I was, he knew how she had touched me. My love goes out to her family, she adored you, you were her life.
~ Jude Stoll, Wigton, UK

December 01, 2009
In my 25 years on this earth, the only constant I ever had was my mother. Now that she's gone, my world is in chaos, and nothing makes sense to me anymore. I will miss her more than I could care to imagine.
~ Ruth Shannon, Everett, Washington

December 01, 2009
Rebekah sorry the loss that you have had come into your life. We are here at all times to offer you comfort, friendship and whatever else you may need. Our prayers are sent with hopes of lifting your spirit and lift her higher with the lord.
May the lord remind you that she hs entered and enjoying her eternal life with him.
God Bless you and your family.
~ Cyndi Varney Bray, Acworth, Georgia

December 01, 2009
I wish to thank all family and friends. Thoughts, prayers, support and help in so many ways has been and is unbelieveable. So many lost with her passing and my prayers and best wishes to you all. She was a true gift and am so thankful, proud and honoured to have been part of her life and be the part I was it hers.
I LOVE YOU BABE!
~ Lash Watson, Marysville, Washington

November 29, 2009
Ah Pati - so many memories.
I will never forget your laugh, long summer days as children, memories of living together in college - especially you listening to Joni Mitchell and making spagetti - and you giggling with my babies.
I love you cousin and will miss you desperately
~ Bonnie Grayum, Seattle, Washington

November 29, 2009
It completely broke my heart to hear this news. Patti always had kind, encouraging and uplifting words for me. My heart goes out to you and your family Rebekah. I pray for strength and comfort in this difficult time. In His time, He makes all things beautiful. Love and Hugs to you.
~ Nki Smith, Ottawa, Ontario

November 29, 2009
Patricia was a person who was easy to feel comfortable with. After my class at Pilchuck I signed up on Facebook and she and I hooked up almost immediately. She had several interesting posts and I would read about her current topics. I always felt like I was her friend, even if it was an illusion on my part. She made me feel good. Knowing her made me feel good. She helped me at Pilchuck when she didn't need to. She gave of herself. She was selfless, kind, caring and oh so pleasant to know. May your heart find peace. Sincerely with affection, KaCe
~ KaCe Whitacre, Tacoma, Washington

November 29, 2009
Such a beautiful person to know, glad I was given the opportunity.
Patti, may you rest in peace.

To Patti's family & husband Lash our thoughts are with you.
~ Shauna Adams, Puyallup, Washington

November 29, 2009
Our deepest sympathy in the loss of your mom. We remember her quite fondly and have some nice memories of when our Jonathan and Becky lived with her and Lash in Mt. Vernon! Such a dear person. She made great cookies (Becky remembers!) If there is anything we can do, we are at your disposal. We will send prayers and positive energy your way.
~ Handy Family, Burlington, Washington

November 28, 2009
Thank you to all of our family and friends for the love and support given during this incredibly difficult and painful time in our lives.

Mom you are so very loved and will be so missed each and every day of my life. I will hear your laughter, see your smile and feel your love always.
~ Rebekah Hills, Hiram, Georgia

November 28, 2009
Patricia was an angel here on Earth and will be dearly missed. Take comfort in knowing that she can now watch over all of you from her house in Heaven. My prayers are with you all.
~ Vikki Paxton, Everett, Washington

November 28, 2009
She was an inspiration and it was a joy to work with her in Kodiak, Ak. She is with her heavenly father.
~ Brenda Nash, Mandeville, Louisiana

November 28, 2009
To all of Patti's family,
My many thoughts and prayers are with you during this time.
~ Anne Hills, Marietta, Georgia

November 28, 2009
Our thoughts and prayers are with you all. Jacob, Rebecca, and Ruth: We remember fun times together as families when you were young. When we moved overseas, we knew our dog Darcy would enjoy her life with your family.
Your mom touched many lives. She will be remembered as a special lady with the most generous of hearts.
~ The Noetzelman family

November 28, 2009
Ken and Donna Hills send their prayers for Patti's family. May she rest in peace with her Savior.
~ Donna Hills, Ellijay, Georgia

Comments

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful obit and what lovely comments from those who loved your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a Bailie Boys Ranch kid back in 1963-66. My son just passed away Jan 10, 2010. One of the reasons he became a christian is because God and the house parents at the ranch helped direct my path and I now have been blessed with a wonderful Christian family.

    Your Mom and my son are now in heaven and have a lot in common.

    Bill Warrington
    Olymia, WA

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by Making Miracles - I love to hear from my visitors, so please take a moment to say hello! :)

Popular Posts